Thursday, July 29, 2010

It has been nearly 3 years since I posted to the blog. My last entry is of Leroy who went to the bridge in January 2008 and I just had a hard time bringing myself to post to the blog.
But I must turn over a new leaf and introduce you to my wonderful senior bassets.
This is Roy who came to us last fall because his owners were empty nesters who no longer had time in their lives for him. He is absolutely a character. We are sure in a previous life that he was either a politician or a preacher - as he has a lot to say and an opinion about everything.
Moof, Moof, Moof.... he says on many occasions and I usually just agree with him.
This photo was taken at our local Walk for Life with is the dog version of the American Cancer fundraiser Relay for Life. It was a hot day and we were just resting in the shade.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,
My name is Carrie Todd and I am from the Jacksonville, FL area. On August 24, 2010 my Uncle Eddie, a truck driver from Knoxville, Tennessee, was found dead at a rest stop. The life of a truck driver is a lonely one and while Uncle Eddie had no close friends and few possessions he truly valued, the one thing he truly loved in this life was his basset hound named Voodoo. Voodoo was Uncle Eddie’s navigator on the road and his best friend in life. Voodoo was not traveling with Uncle Eddie at the time of his passing, but at 2 a.m. on the morning of, according to his pet-sitter, Voodoo acted very strangely barking and wagging his tail as if Eddie had just returned home from a long trip. While Eddie was alone when he died, his death was placed at 2 a.m. They had a remarkable friendship.
With Uncle Eddie’s death comes the question: What do we do with Voodoo? My aunt, Eddie’s wife, is currently living in Florida with my elderly Grandmother. She has been unable to secure employment and cannot afford to keep him. I, myself, have three Labrador retrievers and I am a full-time college student and I cannot keep him. I did not know Uncle Eddie very well, but I do know that he would want to know that his beloved Voodoo was taken care of. Eddie’s family members are unwilling to take Voodoo in and we do not know where to turn. We certainly do not want to see Voodoo surrendered to the pound or euthanized, but we don’t know what to do. Please, if you can help or if you have a suggestion… please, please contact me.
CarrieTodd83@live.com
Thank you for your time,
Carrie Todd

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

these guys are so cute i wish i could take them all in but obviously i cant so please give these guys a good home they realy do disorv it

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home